Cryosurgery and cryotherapy , represents the application of extremely low temperatures at a certain level for the destruction of pathological tissue.
Liquid nitrogen cryotherapy is recommended for:
- vulgar warts, genital warts
- actinic keratosis (precancerous skin lesion that appears on the skin exposed to the sun)
- lentigo solar (spots of old age)
- dermatofibroids (skin nodules), seborrheic keratosis (benign skin tumor)
- molluscum contagiosum (pearl-colored protrusions).
Cryosurgery – applied to basal cell carcinomas.
Criopeeling – recommended for reducing inflammatory acne